PUNJAB PLYWOOD MANUFACTURERS ASSOCIATION
- The industry is holding on to the hope of economic revival in real estate sector as well as broad based.
- If the RCEP comes into being, the whole industry will be pushed to a shutdown because the landing cost of imported plywood and allied products will be much less than cost of manufacturing in India.
And this will surely mean:
– Widespread Industry Shutdown
– Huge un-employment for worker class (unskilled & semi-skilled)
– Devastating negative impact on farmers & agriculture since agro-forestry supplying wood to industry will complete become unviable.
– Huge losses, in the ancillary industry supporting the plywood manufacturing, causing domino effect of shutdowns and unemployment.
Sir, I am sure that your kind office & our prime minister – Sh. Narendra Modi, will listen to the plea of the industry in view of the above facts.
We once again pray to you to exclude Plywood & allied products from the RCEP and save the industry form closure.
- General Secretary, Punjab Plywood Manufacturers Association